Thursday 22 December 2011

Free Story #12 - Foretold (Chapter 2)

No sex this time, sorry guys!

-

After I had admired my past, a deep rumble echoed in my stomach. I suddenly remembered that we hadn't gone shopping at all in the last week. And what with all the members of Jenna's pack round every night and our own needs, it was definitely time to restock.

Jenna's pack had grown to twice its size in the last few weeks. They were all mostly newly transformed duals, one of them had only transformed on the night I met Doug.

So now her pack comprised of herself, Doug, Stephen (Campbell's son), Willow, Andrew and Kari. Willow was about thirty years old with deep black hair that was tinted blue. She was fairly timid but her and Jenna seemed to be friends from a long time ago so as long as her and Jenna were together, she was calm.
Andrew was in his late twenties and fit as a fiddle.

His red hair always was tied back into a ponytail albeit when transformed and his emerald eyes were second only to Doug's. Finally Kari was blond, in her late teens and full of spunk. They were all nice people but somehow me and Andrew didn't seem to gel quite as well as the others did. Maybe it was the fact he too was gay and more than willing to flirt with anyone.

My thoughts trailed from my hunger and Zoe's pack to my own transformation later tonight. If it had been possible for me to forget what Campbell had said to me, I would probably have chosen not to.

The transformation was going to be painful. But at least having something to compare it to gave me some kind of assurance. Especially as most modern media interprets the transformation as something to be feared and looked upon with disgust.

Another rumble told me now was not the time for contemplation. When I went back in the living room, Doug wasn't there but after looking around, I saw a note was clasped to the fridge.

Hey babe
Me and the pack have gone for a hunt before tonight. Love you.
Doug

It was actually a relief to be alone for a change, seeing as how every moment was either spent with supernaturals or people who needed me to serve them food or drink. After making a quick list, I ran out the door and to my car. I arrived at the supermarket within five minutes and started to go round the aisles.
When I got to the dairy aisle, someone had spilt some milk so I tried to dodge it by going left. Unfortunately I hit another trolley and some of the items fell on the floor. Thankfully there was nothing breakable. I picked up all of the stray items and gave them back to the owner.

"I'm so sorry" I said.

"No problem" A familiar voice replied.

Jumping about three feet in the air, I looked up to see my friend Glenn. I blushed then smiled as wide as I could.

"Glenn?" I asked him.

"The only and only" He replied.

There was a pause for a minute while I got my sense of control back. He always gave me quite a shock at least these days. Due to the fact that he wasn't exactly human. He was an Adonis. A man who exuded sexual perfection in both looks and personality. He had been born what he was and so over time had got used to the fact.

The only downside was, if he fell in love with someone who wasn't supernatural and kissed them, they would be transformed into physical perfect themselves. They wouldn't become an Adonis like him, but they would become physically and sexually perfect. Because of this, it was very hard for him to form relationships with normal people.

In fact it was thanks to Glenn that I found out about the supernatural. Because his ex-boyfriend had shown up right before we were about to kiss. Worse luck. Anyway, he had been a human and was screaming about him being cursed, some kind of Adonis or something. And when I had questioned him, I had seen he was right.

I was scared beyond belief that Glenn wasn't human so I ran away from him. That night, Markus appeared and he explained everything. The next day, I went to Glenn and apologised for the way I acted. Since then, we had stayed good friends. Because a relationship based on looks was something neither of us wanted.

"How you doing?" I asked him.

"Not too bad. Dating a vampire at the moment" He replied.

"Bit exotic for you isn't it?" I joked.

"Not really, I've had worse" He laughed.

That was certainly true. He had admitted his ex-boyfriend had only been interested in looks. In fact Glenn had met a lot of people in the fifteen hundred years he had lived. Immortality was highly common among the supernatural I noticed. I was now among their ranks. For better or worse.

"Anyone I know?" I asked.

"Don't think so. He's a new one" Glenn explained.

"Blood transfusion accident?" I asked. Shuddering at the thought because of what happened to Gordy.

"No, bitten. The guy who did was destroyed"

"Ouch"

"Yeah, but the guy raped him first" Glenn said with no air of sympathy in his voice.

"Deserved everything he got then" I replied.

Just then, the vampire in question walked behind him and gave him a kiss. Glenn returned it and for a second they were lost in each other's company. Once it was over, I got a good look at him. And did a double take almost immediately.

It was Doug's former companion, Kevin.

Admittedly, he looked a bit paler than the last time we had met but it was him alright. I realised that Glenn didn't know I knew him. In fact he didn't even know so I decided to act like I hadn't met him. Which in truth, I hadn't.

"Taylor, this is Kevin" Glenn said.

Kevin smiled. His teeth were pearl white just as I had expected.

"Nice to meet you" he spoke.

His voice had a lisp. Probably due to the fact his front fangs had changed shape like most vampires I knew. The only one who I knew closely ran a small pawn shop at the end of the high street. He was a nice guy, but he had a tendency to get overexcited if you came into the shop with a visible cut or scratch.
"Likewise" I said almost at once.

After a few seconds of tense silence, Glenn coughed.

"We'd best be off. Great to see you again" he said.

"Yeah. We'll have to get together sometime"

Glenn and Kevin nodded with respect and left. As they did I couldn't resist turning round and looking at Glenn's perfect physique. Think a young Hugh Jackman mixed with the guy that plays Connor in Primeval. Oh the things I would have done. I met no-one else on my shopping trip and after using the self-scan terminal to pay, I took the bags to my car.

While I was placing them in the boot, I heard a familiar whistling noise coming from behind me.

"Good to see you're so relaxed" I laughed.

It was Stephen. He was dressed in his usual casual clothes and was arm in arm with Kari. The two seemed to be very comfortable together recently and if they weren't careful, a patter of tiny paws may have ensued. But that was not something that any of us wanted to imagine, at least right now.

"Well after the first time, it's really simple" he laughed.

Kari shoved her elbow into his side and he growled slightly at her. She gently licked his face and he was instantly calm. In some ways, I couldn't wait till I could do that. But controlling it in certain company would obviously require a certain amount of restraint.

I bet you are imagining the licks were-animals give each other as all over the face. Well that's only during private moments. If you get my meaning. For simple affection, it's like a gentle brush for a split second. The first few times it creeped me out but now, it doesn't phase me in the least.

"Need a lift?" I asked the two 'lovers'.

"Only if you don't mind" Kari said. Her voice was very similar to Keeley Hawes. Also known to some as the voice of Lara Croft. I shook my head in approval so after a few seconds, we were seated and belted into the car. A few minutes later, I pulled into the driveway outside the house where Campbell and Stephen called home. My two passengers vacated the vehicle and walked up the gravel drive.

"Cheers for the lift" Stephen shouted.

"No problem" I answered and continued driving till I reached home.

When I got through the front door, Zoe was sat on the sofa. Arc was in his cat form spread out on the chair. I rolled my eyes and went to grab a drink from the fridge. After grabbing a can of Cherry Tango, I opened it with a flick of my wrist. I dropped the can in shock as red smoke poured out of the top and formed into a man.

"Colin?" I said.

"Sorry bout that, Marina kicked me out so I needed sometime to stay" the familiar red genie explained.

"In a can of Cherry Tango?" I asked.

"It was either that or the mayonnaise"

"That's not mayo"

Colin looked in the fridge and shivered.

"Cream cheese" I assured him.

Colin breathed a sigh of relief. Which was a big sigh considering his size. I went to the cupboard and got out a small empty bottle of aftershave. It was lucky Doug never threw anything out.

"Think you could live in here?" I asked.

He examined the object for a minute then nodded. He looked at the empty can in my hand and clicked his fingers. A new can of Cherry Tango appeared in my hand ready to drink. I opened the can and no genie emerged from it this time.

"Nothing abnormal in anything else in your fridge" he assured me.

He clapped his hands together and became red smoke once again. He poured himself into the aftershave bottle and a stopper appeared in it. The bottle flashed and it was gone. I drunk the Tango with relief then sat down next to Zoe on the sofa. It was three o'clock. Only four hours till I would transform for the first time.

And as I closed my eyes for a second, I hoped for my sake, I was ready.

I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I knew, the alarm on my phone went off. Waking up, I sat up and turned it off. Standing on the other side of the room were all of Jenna's pack. After a few seconds, Jenna noticed that I was awake and walked over to help me to my feet.

"How long was I out?" I asked her.

"About three and a half hours" she answered.

That meant it was half past six. I suddenly remembered it was only half an hour before I first transformed. The itching had intensified slightly and my body temperature had definitely risen. It wasn't uncomfortable but it was noticeable. I had also noticed that my already increased sense of smell had grown stronger meaning I could pick up the smell of the rubbish bins outside as well as every smell in the room.

The front door opened and Campbell walked in. He was with his two most trusted allies, Drake and Hax. The two were dressed in leather biker gear in the same style as Campbell but they were appropriately underdressed to show that they were not highly ranked.

Hax was the larger of the two and seemed to be slightly too adoring of his alpha. Every now and again he would look at him with the kind of adoration a child would give to a favourite toy. Drake was toned and ready for action. I remembered how he had launched at me the night after Doug had been exiled and wondered if I could ever truly trust him.

But then again, he had only been following orders. So it was definitely a case of benefit of the doubt.

"You ready pup?" he asked me.

"As I'll ever be" I replied.

Slowly but surely, the packs began to leave the room until the only people that were left were me, Doug and Campbell. Without any warning, I burst into tears and fell to the floor. Doug transformed into his werewolf form and rubbed himself against me for a minute or two. I hugged his massive lupine form and dried my eyes.

When I looked into his eyes, he whined. I stroked his perfectly formed muzzle and stood up carefully. Doug transformed back and put his clothes back on after a second of total nudity. After about a minute of silence, I cleared my throat.

"Sorry about that" I said.

"Don't worry about it. It happens to all new duals" Campbell explained.

Why he hadn't told me about this I wasn't sure. But if I had been expecting it, I probably would have overanalysed it more than I was doing right now. Doug licked me and I returned the gesture.

"Time to go?" Doug asked me.

"Yeah" I answered.

After we had locked the flat, we got into my car and the GPS took us slowly but surely to the place we had decided upon. It was almost pitch dark now and the clouds were just beginning to part. I could feel my muscles in my legs begin to twitch and my face was starting to tingle.

We arrived at the place with only ten minutes to spare. All of Jenna's pack was present as they had been in the flat and to my complete surprise; all of Campbell's pack were there as well. Most of them greeted me with smiles but some of them looked as though I had appeared and proclaimed supremacy.

I gulped at this point. Had I got myself in too deep?

No comments:

Post a Comment